Hey there, my name is Dan Go. I’m a transformation coach right now, but my life is much different than it was a decade ago.
You see, like most young people, I hung out with the wrong crowd in college. I started drinking on the weekends, smoking cigarettes and eating copious amounts of junk food like a fat slob.
I could literally finish a big bag of Ketchup potato chips in 5 minutes.
I was disgusted with myself.
I stopped being active, took on bad habits and I seriously had a bad relationship with my body. Even my family and friends would make fun of me because of my saggy body and huge belly.
It got so bad that I wouldn’t even take my shirt at the pool because I would so embarrassed about my fat belly and man boobs.
Then one day I was having fun with my friends at our local hangout spot. An ex-girlfriend (avec new boyfriend) came up to me and we started to chat.
But this was no ordinary chat. I felt as if she was trying to allude to something. Maybe it was my own insecurity but I felt as if she said this to proclaim that she made the right choice in breaking up with me.
She asked the fateful question that would change my life forever…
“Hey Dan, have you been working out? Your chest looks like it got bigger”
To which, an asshole friend proclaimed,
“He’s not working out…he’s just got man boobs!”
I felt like someone had stabbed me in the heart and twisted the knife.
I had let myself go to the point where I looked like I just didn’t care about myself but deep down inside I really did care…I just didn’t know where to start.
After that day I plopped myself down on my bed and made a choice right then and there that I would do anything I could to change my body.
I was determined to change my body no matter what the cost.
To lose weight I took desperate measures.
I was so desperate to lose weight that I started doing as much cardio as I could. So I hit the treadmill for an hour each time 4 days a week.
You’d think with all that activity that I’d be melting pounds off my body…but it didn’t work.
I still stayed at the same weight and my body still looked like a lump of fat.
I joined the local gym and went 5 days a week, hoping to see some semblance of results. Can you imagine my astonishment when I started gaining weight instead of losing it??
I ended up getting BIGGER.
I started getting bulkier and couldn’t even fit into my fat clothes anymore. This was NOT what I was expecting.
I bought aerobic DVD’s and they were a joke. They were so boring that I couldn’t get through 15 minutes of exercise before quitting. They are now collecting dust somewhere in my house. No wonder NO ONE gets results with those things.
I even used an expensive ab gadget that promised me a fantastic flat belly and smaller waistline. It turned out to be a waste of money which turned out to be a nice decoration in the middle of my TV room.
In a final act of desperation, I started taking fat loss pills but all they did was give me a racing heart beat and pounding headaches.
You know what? None of it worked for me. None of it! I was at the lowest point of my life. How could I work so hard and not get anything out of it?
To Lose Weight and Get Fit I Needed to Get Smart!
I finally understood that to change my body I had to follow success.
I bought every book and studied the programs made by the best fat loss experts in the world. I spent thousands of dollars on their products and coaching. I used my own body to see if their weight loss programs did what they really claimed they would do.
Some were good and some were bad.
I never gave up. I kept on trying until I discovered the most effective fat loss tricks ever discovered. I kept researching hundreds of books until one day I found the secret to losing fat permanently off your body.
After all of the study, experiments with different workouts and diets…it all started to click for me.
I realized that it wasn’t about being super strict with yourself. You didn’t have to be a workout or diet nazi to see results. All it took was finding the right strategy for your body. That’s all you need.
After 12 weeks, I couldn’t believe it.
I had lost 37 pounds of fat and did it at such a rapid pace that people couldn’t even notice me after one month.
My body started to look FANTASTIC. I was even told that I looked 10 years younger and I could feel it.
But the transformation didn’t end there.
My social life got better, I started doing well with the opposite sex (if you know what I mean..) and it gave me a confidence inside of me that I never had before.
What is even more wacky is that the same ex-girlfriend who was making fun of me when I was fat…started to come to me for advice on how to get back in shape.
Why Train Women?
It’s very simple actually..
My mom and my sister were the biggest influences on my life. If it wasn’t for their examples they set and the motivation my mom gave me …I wouldn’t be where I am today.
I also love training women. They just listen more and carry less egos than guys do.
And that’s it.
I just a guy that used a bad experience to transform himself and, over time, I wanted to train the type of people I enjoyed training most…
… and I couldn’t be happier 🙂
Dan “Transormation” Go
I just got back from a pretty crazy trip from Jackson Hole.
I was there for a conference with a group of guys they call “The Brotherhood”.
And while it may sound like a cult of some sort, I assure you that’s it’s quite the opposite.
All of these guys are high performing entrepreneurs that I’ve known for the past 5 years who are dedicated to making the world a better place but also dedicated to living with integrity and being better people in the process.
And that is a combination that I can work definitely with.
Along with having a coach, two of the most important factors in getting any results in your transformation journey are:
Community and Accountability.
You’ve heard me say this before but no one is successful on their own.
There’s just no point to it and it sucks as a self-sustaining path to getting solid long term results.
Why do you need a COMMUNITY to hit your fitness goals?
Back when I was a one on one trainer transitioning into group transformation programs I found that I was getting BETTER results with the group than I was with my one on one clients.
I was dumbfounded. Why would more individuals fall of their diets and get less results than women I trained in a group setting?
The answer was very simple..
Along with coaching accountability you need peer group accountability to achieve a goal.
Think about it as “peer pressure” but in a positive way.
When you are being coached in an environment where everyone around you is aiming for the same goal it almost forces you to live up to the same standards.
It is also based on a rule called “The Mastermind Group”:
When you are part of a group dedicated to achieving the same results as you are and..
When your are part of a group dedicated to supporting each other in their journey’s towards these results then…
It’s like a collective energy that just crushes your obstacles and pushes you towards your goals faster than you could working one on one with someone.
Just like Kristy did in our past 6 week challenge:
Also, one important thing to mention is this:
Women work much better in a positive supportive group environment than an individual one.
It’s one of the reasons we’ve been able to get incredible fat-loss results for thousands of women throughout North America.
But there’s one thing I’m missing and it’s the most important part:
Why do you need ACCOUNTABILITY to hit your fitness goals?
Very simple: When left to our own devices we have a greater chance of failing.
Accountability is a scary thing.
It means that you will be held accountable to your goals by a coach and the group.
And that can be scary to a lot of women.
Because it means they’ll actually have to do what they set out to do. No excuses.
So yes, accountability can be a scary thing but you absolutely need it to hit any goal you set out to achieve.
Just think back to the last time you tried to finish a fat-loss program on your own with no one to hold you accountable.
Maybe it was the last info product you bought on the internet 😉
Sure, maybe the first couple of weeks you were able to get results and feel good.
But what happened next?
At some point we fall off of the plan.
At some point we gain back everything we had lost.
At some point (usually 3 weeks in) we lose interest in the program and what we’re doing.
And that sucks.
A SOLID fat-loss program has accountability and community built into it.
There’s just no way around it.
Oh and add coaching to the mix too.
You need someone who has a track record of results to lead you down the path to your fitness goals.
Add all three elements of coaching, community and accountability to your fat-loss results..and you’ll hit your fat loss goals faster than ever before.
And you’ll actually get to keep them too because you have a community around you to keep you on track.
So where can you actually get all 3 of these at one time?
That’s where I come in.
For the past 8 years I’ve been dedicated to helping women get into their best shape in only 6 weeks.
Why only 6 weeks?
Because it’s what we’ve found to be the *sweet spot* for women to get life changing fat-loss results.
It’s a time frame that women can work with as well because it’s not too long that they’ll lose interest nor too short to not hit their fitness goals.
It’s the same program where you’ll be literally guaranteed to hit your fitness goals, be coached (and held accountable) by me personally hand-by-hand to achieve these results and have a community of supportive women around you to support you through the process.
If you’re down with that then you can sign up here:
Find out more down below…
Also remember this:
“When we are sure that we are on the right road there is no need to plan our journey too far ahead.
No need to burden ourselves with doubts and fears as to the obstacles that may bar our progress.
We cannot take more than one step at a time” – Orison Swett Marden
I’m writing you this before I head off to Kauai, Hawaii for a little conference with some business brothers.
Gotta say that I’m super stoked for this as I’ll be reuniting with a lot of old friends and hopefully learning how to finally snowboard. I’ll be sure to share some pics when I get back but before I left I wanted to send you this..
If you are new to transformation or even getting back into it then follow these 50 tips that will set your body up for good.
Through the past 8 years we’ve been doing this and if I could make this list 100+ things I would. These are the same tips that’s helped thousands of women just like you achieve their fat loss goals:
So yes…they work very well 😉
Transforming your body is not only a physical process but a mental and spiritual one as well. As your body changes you change and for the better.
Here are 50 awesome tips that we send our beginner transformation girls who do our 6 week programs. Print this out and have it in a place where you can see it often.
50 Killer Tips To Transform Your Body (PRINT THIS)
1. Choose a Body Transformation program like you choose a house. The program has to have a right fit for you. First thing is that your coach should have a big track record of results. That’s a given. Secondly, and what most people forget is that there should be a good community in place to help you towards your goal.
Community and accountability are the cornerstones to your transformation. No one is successful on their own and that goes doubly for transforming your body.
2. Make short term goals. Whatever it is – fitting back into an old dress, losing “X” pounds in one month, losing “X” inches in a few weeks etc.. It will help you stay focused.
3. Make action goals. Just like short term goals help, actionable progress goals help immensely. Make a goal to come to “X” sessions a week or to prep your meals on Sunday every week for 6 weeks. Actions are paramount to your success.
4. Make friends. Transformation is a team game. Nobody gets good results by being the lonely wolf.
5. True success in transformation is related to how many lessons you learn from your failings, not how many pounds you lose. Obstacles will happen. It’s what you do with them that matters most. There will be times where you gain weight or do something that’s off of what your diet prescribes. You gotta learn from it and move on.
6. Promote positive vibes. Don’t bring your problems to the gym. Instead use the gym to escape your problems.
7. Don’t do things fast, do it right.
8. Never compare your results to others. Everyone transforms in different ways and your journey will be entirely different the person beside you.
9. Slow is fast and fast is slow. Don’t aim to drop 5 lbs a week but have a goal to average around 1-2 lbs of fat loss a week. This ensures your weight loss sticks for the long term. Do things slow and be okay with slow progress. Don’t rush. Be patient.
10. Stop being your own auto mechanic. You don’t fix your own car so why do workout you create on your own? Same can be said for when you need a lawyer. Seek help from the specialists. Your progress will be faster and you’ll learn so much more.
11. Focus intently on what the instructor is saying in the workouts. When following a program on the interwebs or doing one of our follow along workouts you gotta focus. Keep your mind concentrated on what you are doing and what your instructor is saying. A focused mind is your best weapon in fat loss.
12. Workout with women who have already achieved what you want to achieve. Women who are a notch above your level will push you to work harder and also inspire you to reach your goals. Most women will avoid working out with someone more fit then them. But doing so will only make you better in the end.
13. Workout with women who are at your own level. Just as you need women who are a step above your fitness level, you need women who are at your level as well. You need workout friends who are dedicated to achieving the same goal as you and will hold you accountable to doing so.
14. Take someone under your wing and help them (6 weeks after you’ve started). When you are deep in your transformation game (6 weeks or more) it’s time to help other women who are just getting started. Lessons get ingrained in you by teaching others and 6 weeks is a solid time frame to help a complete newbie. This also keeps your highly accountable to stay the course.
15. Don’t workout with serious injuries. A few days of rest are better than 6 months rehabilitation period.
16. Take time to practice planking at home. It’s one of the best ways to work your abs and it also helps strengthen your body from your hips to your shoulders. Remember: Body straight, Core engaged, Butt squeezed. Doing this regularly stabilizes your hips and shoulders and makes your core stronger.
17. Have a deep understanding with the basic exercises (Squat, Deadlift, Back Rows, Pushups, Shoulder press). These 5 exercises will serve the basis for all other exercises you do in any program. Learn how to do them well and how to stabilize your position in each one. This ensures you are strong out the gate and avoiding injury at all costs.
18. Body Transformation is more of a marathon than a sprint. The habits you take with you are the ones that keep your body transformed. Remember that we are building habits up rather than doing things for 6 weeks and letting everything go.
19. 6 Weeks is a good time frame to get started. The most energy you expend will be at the beginning of your transformation journey. 6 week programs are the “sweet spot” to start off your healthy workout and eating habits that ensure your goals a reality.
20. Remember that it takes 6 weeks to start your transformation, about 6-8 months to hit your goal and it will take another year at your transformed body to ensure your body stays at its new set point. At the end of this journey is the continuation of the lifestyle you worked so hard to ingrain.
21. Our bodies have a set point when it comes to weight, inches and sizes of clothing. You’ll notice that when you get to a certain weight subconsciously you will start doing things to creep it back up to its original weight. It’s your body’s set point at work. It’s like a thermostat that keeps the temperature where it’s at. You gotta reset the body set point through consistently following the plan that helped you get there in the first place.
Most importantly, you gotta work through the inner subconscious issues that keep your body where it is. If you don’t work through these then you will end up in a cycle of self sabotage (both conscious and unconscious).
22. Your inner world is more important than the outer world. The things you say to yourself and the way you feel about yourself will largely determine if you feel “worthy” of attaining any goal. Best way to find out if this is working is be aware of your thoughts and how you talk to yourself. Are you your own best friend or worst enemy?
23. Your environment is stronger than your will. The people you choose to hang around and the foods you choose to keep around you will largely influence your decisions. So choose to hang around awesome positive people, let go of the energy vampires and keep great choices in your home and work.
24. Avoid criticism (of others and yourself) and envy. It is always hiding somewhere inside. The energy is depleting and it takes you off your path. Focus on your journey and yours alone.
25. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to your coaches or your accountability group. We are all here to help and the more you ask the more you get involved in your own results.
26. Follow a regular meal schedule. We are creatures of habit and so goes our bodies when it comes to eating. When you put your body under a regular schedule of eating your hunger starts to get under control, your diet is under control because you know where your next meal is coming from and you take control of your choices.
27. Eat 80-90% of your foods from whole food sources. This ensures you get more nutrient value from your foods, reduces inflammation in your body, aids in recovery, satisfies your hunger better and it makes the digestion process so much easier.
28. Your portion sizes should be: Half your plate is vegetables, protein is the size of your palm and carbs are the size of your palm as well.
29. Eat your carbs after your workouts. The way we do it in our program is to eat your carbs you gotta earn them. Our workouts also ensure you get the best benefit from your carb intake as they will replenish glycogen stores and aid in the lean muscle building process.
30. Your gut health is directly related to your fat loss results (and overall health). Healing your gut allows the body to build a stronger immune system and produce the right kind of bacteria that tells your brain that it’s okay to feel good again. The health of your gastrointestinal system is extremely important to your overall well-being. A good place to start reading about this is Brad Pilon’s book Good Belly, Bad Belly.
31. Drink 3 litres or more of water a day. This helps aid in the fat loss process, helps eliminate excess water, aids in digestion, increases energy, makes your skin look softer and keeps your hunger at bay. 3 litres may seem like a lot right now but when you get into the groove of doing it it is super easy.
32. A good workout schedule when you’re beginning is about 2-3x a week with one day of recovery between each workout day. This ensures complete recovery from your workouts and allows your body to heal. As you are more used to your workouts you can increase them to 4-5 a week.
33. Recovery is just as important as the workout itself. Exercise or any other physical work causes changes in the body such as muscle tissue breakdown and the depletion of energy stores (muscle glycogen) as well as fluid loss. Recovery allows the body to replenish energy stores and repair damaged tissues.
34. Fat Loss workouts should be done in a circuit training format. The fastest way to fat loss is to increase metabolism. This means doing your workouts in circuits but…
35. Keep changing your workout variables every 3-4 weeks. Work to rest ratio’s, exercises, tempo and everything else should vary often to elicit change from the body. A good workout program will work up to these variables in a organized manner.
36. Challenge yourself with heavier weights. Do what your body can do under good form. Heavier weights help build lean muscle and this means bigger gains in the fat loss department.
37. Keep your form great 95% of the time. Form keeps your body away from injury and ensures you are getting the best “bang for buck” doing an exercise. The 5% is for when you attempt a heavy weight as you’ll most likely sacrifice a bit of form in doing it.
38. Stop one rep before failing on an exercise 95% of the time. This keeps your form tight and avoids the injuries that come with forced repetitions.
39. Listen to your body. If you are doing back to back workout sessions while feeling tired and lethargic take a rest. Do this mentally as well as physically.
40. Take BCAA’s for workouts. Metaburn workouts are high intensity and this is the only supplement you’ll need to take. It will helps immensely with recovery and will help you build some lean muscle in the process.
41. Remember to grip your weights HARD. The harder the grip on a weight the more it stabilizes your shoulders. So grip them dumbbells hard like it owes you money.
42. Aim for quality over quantity when it comes to your exercises. Do them slow until you get them right.
43. When learning become a sponge and approach learning with a child-like naiveté. Turn off whatever voice you have in your mind and absorb all that you’re learning. The beginner always gets better. The person who knows everything will stay stuck in the mud due to their own ego.
44. You have to accept that weight loss is not a straight line path. Some weeks you’ll lose and some weeks you’ll gain. Put less emphasis on the weight and more emphasis on inches and how your clothing feels to not get caught up with the scale.
45. Transforming your body means taking complete responsibility. You are the one that’s in charge of your time and you are the one in charge of the choices you make in life. We gotta stop blaming others for our lack of results and really look inside and see how *we* are affecting our bodies. Only then we can take the steps to do something about it.
46. No excuses. Just solutions. Now you’ve probably heard of the term, “You can have excuses or results…but you can’t have both”.
It’s as close to the truth as you can get. We all have different situations than each other. We are all dealing with different obstacles. Some are physical, some are environmental and some are unique.
One thing you gotta realize is that, for every excuse or obstacle you face, there is a solution to overcoming it.
Most times the obstacle is the solution. We just gotta get our minds around it.
When we argue for our limitations and obstacles we get to keep them. So every time an excuse comes up or an obstacle stands in your way do a little mental jiu jitsu and come up with a solution for getting around it.
Truth is 99% of the time it’s not about the obstacle. It’s about us. So lean on yourself, and if you’re so lucky, lean on your coaches and community to find that solution.
47. Focus on what you can control and let go of the rest. We gotta realize that there are things in life you have control over and things you don’t.
Things you have control over…
* Your choices
* Your thoughts
* Your attitude
* How you respond to situations
* Your time (to a certain degree)
Things you don’t have control over…
* Other people (including your family, spouse, co-workers, friends etc.)
* The weather
* Your dog
* And everything else in-between
By taking on the challenge to transform your body you’ve chosen wonderful opportunity to finally take control of your life. And how do we do this? We take control by putting our focus on what we can control and letting go of the rest.
Ultimate power in life comes from this one principle alone.
48. The most important person in this world is you. It’s not your kids, it’s not your spouse, it’s not your mom or dad…it’s YOU.
Remember the last time you were about to take off on a flight and the attendant says to put your own mask on before putting it on your children? Same thing here. Taking care of yourself FIRST is akin to putting that oxygen mask on. You gotta take care of yourself to be able to give 100% to others.
49. If someone has done it before then you can definitely do it. True or false: Chances are that someone in a similar position as you has achieved what you want to achieve.
If you give it thought then this statement absolutely true. The thing with our weight loss success stories is that there is nothing inherently secret or special about their transformations.
They just stuck to the process and got started. When’s your time going to begin?
50. Join a coaching program. The best and most guaranteed way to start losing weight, dropping dress sizes and finally reaching your fitness goals is by joining a program with a track record of results.
We’ve been doing this for the past 8 years and we’ve helped thousands of women just like you transform their bodies (and lives).
Again, you wouldn’t act as your own auto mechanic nor would you be your own lawyer…so why try and figure out your transformation on your own?
Stop getting in your own way and get help by the professionals.
Your transformation will become faster and more solidified long term this way. So stop procrastinating and get it started.
Best way to get started?
Find out more down below…
Full name and occupation – Christine Cusi – Legal Worker
Age – 27
Total Weight Loss – 33 Pounds Total!
How many inches did you lose with our program? 14 inches
How many dress sizes did you lose with our program? 3
What kind of workouts were you doing before? Nothing ☹
What kind of workouts do you do now? Today I am at Go Girl Body Transformation 3-4 times a week.
We do high intensity full body circuit workouts targeting every muscle group. These workouts push me to my limits both mentally and physically; no two workouts are ever the same, Go Girl keeps my body guessing of what I will be challenging myself with next.
How was your nutrition like before? I used to eat take-out 3-4 times a week; most of my food was processed and consisted of anything plus rice or fries! I never used to read the nutrition facts and had no sense of what I was consuming and the effects it was having on my body.
What is like now? Now I make myself aware of what my food is made of and simply using that information to eat better. I have started tracking the macronutrients of what I am consuming such as fats, protein, carbs – keeping myself accountable of what I am putting in my body.
What is your eating schedule like today? I am now intermittently fasting and only usually eat twice a day. I usually eat my first meal around 1pm and have my final meal around 8 or 9pm.
After that, I fast until the next day at 1pm.
That breaks out to about 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of allowed eating each day. I do this almost every day, if I am hungry in between I can cut the cravings by snacking on veggies or drinking water or green tea.
Why did you choose this schedule? I chose this schedule because it works best with my lifestyle; I was never hungry during “breakfast” so not eating in the morning has always worked for me.
1pm is usually when I get back from my lunchtime power walks and that’s when I am finally hungry.
I can usually hold my appetite until 9 pm because my meals are hearty enough to keep me full throughout the day.
What are your days like today? Now that I have changed my eating habits and started working out, I find that I have a lot more energy and generally a much happier person.
I found that once I put myself on a consistent schedule, set a goal and achieved it I was finally happy with myself. I now find myself going for more walks, taking the stairs and constantly challenging myself to do and be better.
How do you maintain the weight loss? I maintain my weight by sticking to the schedule and my allowed meals I have set for myself; I have started keeping a journal logging all my meals, the days I workout and my weekly weight.
I found that once I write it down I keep myself accountable for what I am doing and achieving my goals for myself.
Looking back now, what are you most proud of? Looking back now I am most proud of finally setting a goal and achieving it. I trusted the process, listened to the trainers, work my butt off in every class and achieved what I set out to achieve when I joined Go Girl.
I am proud to say that Go Girl changed my life in more ways than one; they are not only a body transformation centre but also a strong support group of women like myself.
They offer me emotional, mental and physical support, they are my sisters for life and I am forever grateful to be part of such an amazing group women and one man!
What are the keys to your success in transforming your body? Going through my journal of the last 10 months, I found some key words that I found were keys to my success: Planning (meals and activities), make a commitment, set (realistic) goals, eat healthy, challenge yourself & get moving!!!
Finally, never cheat the system! When you cheat, you are only cheating yourself!
What’s your advice for people struggling with transforming their body?
1. Set goals achievable for yourself – set goals that are within your control. Declare that goal, reach it & set another!!
2. You don’t ever have to be perfect – If you ever get off track, don’t beat yourself up. You move forward and get right back in to what you set yourself to achieve! Don’t let one cookie or a few days of missed work outs sabotage your progress, you move forward and don’t look back.
3. The scale is not your friend – It is only a small indicator of this journey. You judge your weight loss based on how you feel inside and out and the choices you make for yourself and how your clothes start fitting you.
4. “Trust the process!” – I did and I have not ever looked back, trusting Dan and the Go Girl team was the pillar to my success! I am eternally grateful to all the ladies at Go Girl as each and every one of you have encouraged me, challenged me, supported me to make me as strong and happy as I am today.
Full name and occupation: Christina Chiu, Dental hygienist
Total Weight Loss: 48 lbs
How many inches did you lose with our program? I’ve lost a combined 10 inches all over my body
How many dress sizes did you lose with our program? 3 dress sizes
What kind of workouts were you doing before?
I was doing more at home workouts because I was too self conscious to join a gym
What kind of workouts do you do now?
Right now I’m a full time member with Go Girl Transformation participating in bootcamp, strength camp exclusive to Inner Circle members, Boot camp and I would love to add GG’s Yoga classes to my regimen when I can fit it in.
How was your nutrition like before?
In generally live a low carb lifestyle.
What is like now?
I still live a low carb lifestyle but having said that, the challenges that I’ve done with Go Girl has only continues to strengthen resolve to keep persevering and my understanding on what works with my body and what doesn’t.
What is your eating schedule like today?
I eat at 7:30am, midmorning snack at 10:30, lunch at 1:00/1:30, afternoon snack at 4:30 and dinner at 7:30pm
Why did you choose this schedule?
I have an energetic and rambunctious 2 year old. I need a healthy breakfast at 7:30 so that I can keep up with him lol!!
I’ve been keeping up with this schedule since 2012 and it’s worked for me.
Eating every 3 hours keeps keeps my body satisfied and prevents any moments of weakness and slip ups.
What are your days like today?
I workout at Go Girl 3-4 times a week (Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday) and i’m looking to add Monday as well.
I lift on Saturdays during open gym with the veterans of strength camp when I can. The moment I step into Go Girl, I feel that I’m among family and love every minute of it!!
How do you maintain the weight loss?
I’m still not at my goal weight yet so I’m still a work in progress. Prior to Go Girl I was just getting by doing the low carb lifestyle but lacked the exercise I needed to break my plateau.
Looking back now, what are you most proud of?
I’ve never been so committed to anything my whole life. Being a part of Go Girl Transformation has made me a happier, healthier and the most fit i’ve ever been…EVER!!
I had the whole “diet” thing down but lacked the exercise I needed. If I haven’t lost the weight prior to my son, I could never keep up with him today and I’m so grateful for my trainers that have so much faith in me.
What are the keys to your success in transforming your body?
I started this journey with the mindset that I was doing this for me and ONLY me. Meal prepping, being organized and having tremendous support from family makes this lifestyle worth living.
Also being consistent at GG and not missing classes helps me stay committed and focused.
What’s your advice for people struggling with transforming their body?
Don’t think you’ll never lose weight. Determination and will power plays a very big role in your path to success but believing in yourself plays an enormous role as well.
There are many methods of weight loss in the market and they’re all designed to make you succeed but you have to find the right one that works for you and one that you can maintain.
Looking back, the weight loss portion of the plan is the easy part. Seeing the scale going in the right direction is very motivating, but as you get closer to your goal weight, you don’t have the weight loss as a motivator anymore.
So it’s at this point where you have to find other ways to push and challenge yourself.
In my case, building muscle and increasing my cardio strength is a priority.
Take pictures along the way to document how far you’ve come no matter how big or small your accomplishments are to date.
Surround yourself with positive and like minded people and never compare your results with someone else.
Everyone’s body is different and responds accordingly. In time, you will know what works for you and you’ll stick with it.
My last piece of advice is to see your doctor regularly to monitor the changes your body is going through. You will be amazed at how well your body responds to your efforts!!
Full name and occupation: Amber Morden, Trade Compliance Officer
Total Weight Loss: 50 lbs
How many inches did you lose: 22 inches
How many dress sizes did you lose: 4
What kind of workouts were you doing before?
I was a member at Goodlife Fitness. I was going very sporadically (at most 3 days/week but usually 1 or 2).
When I did go I would do 45 minutes of cardio on an elliptical trainer and a one hour body pump class. I was not motivated to be there and usually just watched the clock the entire time.
I would find any excuse possible not to go.
Looking back now, I realize I was getting no results.
I train at Go Girl where we complete circuits of high intensity metabolic resistance training.
I go 5 days per week as well as a kickboxing class a couple of times per month also at Go Girl.
The circuits that we complete are different every day.
The trainers are super creative and give us great workouts every time.
They push us to keep going and really care about our progress. It’s impossible to get bored and I never catch myself watching the clock.
How was your nutrition like before?
My eating habits and nutrition knowledge were pretty terrible.
I am a self-proclaimed foodie and there were no limits to what I was consuming, I also ate mindlessly a lot, especially while sitting and watching television.
I paid little to no attention of how much food I was putting in my body or what the nutritional value of that food was. I still appreciate great food but I indulge way less.
How is your Nutrition life like now?
I try to follow the 80/20 rule the best I can to ensure that at least 80% of the food that I consume is healthy and clean and I leave 20% for the foodie that still lives inside me and likes to indulge.
I also try my absolute hardest not to drink my calories, I drink water almost 100% of the time.
What is your fitness life like now?
I am in the best shape I have ever been.
I still have a lot of room for improvement but my ability to complete different exercises has increased dramatically.
I noticed within 3 weeks of training at Go Girl that there were exercises that I was unable to do in my first week of training that I could then do by the third week.
It seems that almost every week there is something new that I’m able to do for the first time or something that I couldn’t do very well initially but my form has since improved and that is an awesome feeling!! I also don’t find excuses to get out of my workouts.
I try my absolute hardest to be there for my 5 days every week.
I rearrange my schedule when necessary to make sure that I can get my workouts in because I really don’t want to miss any.
I also write my workouts in my agenda as if they’re an appointment and if I need to make plans, I schedule them after boot camp.
What is your eating schedule like today?
I eat 3 meals per day with no snacks. I try to remain on the schedule of 9:00am, 1:00pm, and 7:00pm the best that I can.
Why did you choose this schedule?
It works with my schedule and it follows Dan’s suggestion of having at least 14 hours between my last meal of the day and my first meal of the next day.
What are your days like today?
I have a lot more energy overall and try to be active as much as possible while having a desk job.
I go for walks on my breaks and lunches at work and try to do things that I enjoy but keep me moving on the weekends such as go to the zoo or to the beach.
How do you maintain your current results?
Consistency is key. I never waiver from my workouts and try my best to practice good eating habits most of the time.
Looking back now, what are you most proud of?
I am very proud of the fact that I have stuck to the program and haven’t let my momentum die.
Attempting to get in shape has been a life-long battle for me.
I have tried and failed more times than I can count.
The longest period of time prior to Go Girl that I have ever been able to commit to on a consistent basis was 4 months.
Maybe I just wasn’t really ready or maybe I just hadn’t found the right home or tribe to help me reach my goals.
Go Girl has become my tribe and my 2nd home, my fellow GG’s, the amazing trainers, Dan and our mascot Bali make Go Girl the amazing community that it is.
All that I have to do is be accountable and show up! That’s easy because I genuinely want to be there ☺ I still have a ways to go to reach my final goal but I am confident that I will do it and I have Go Girl to thank for that.
What are the keys to your success in transforming your body?
Consistency, consistency, consistency!
Dan said something at the orientation session that resonated with me; it really helped me at first and has stuck with me like glue,
“You will never regret coming to a work out, but you will always regret missing one.”
It’s SO true! If there are days that I’m not feeling it or just not in the mood to go to the gym, I think of that quote, and get my butt to the gym. I always feel 100% better when I leave and have not once ever regretted showing up!
What’s your top 3 tips of success for people struggling with transforming their body?
1. Don’t quit or beat yourself up for falling off the wagon.
Previously if I would fall off the wagon by missing a workout or eating badly, I would let it snowball and think to myself, I’ve already messed up so it doesn’t make a difference now. A bad meal would turn into a bad day, into a bad week, into a bad month etc.
If you mess up, accept it, move on, and try to get right back on track.
2. Trust the process, and enjoy the journey.
The weight doesn’t go on fast and it’s not going to come off fast. Don’t expect immediate results, put in the work and the results will follow.
Don’t focus solely on the scale, appreciate the non-scale victories such as inches lost, the way your clothes fit, and improvement in your ability and form while exercising.
3. Don’t make excuses.
Your favourite television show, night out with your friends, or grocery shopping etc. will still be there waiting for you after 1 hour of boot camp! (or other exercise of your choice).
Make the time for yourself. Treat it as an appointment that you can’t miss!
Full Name: Marsha Candy Andrew
Occupation: Self Employed (Social Service Worker- child welfare).
Age: 39 years old
Total Weight lost: 51 lbs
Total Inches Lost: I lost sixteen inches
How Many Dress Sizes Have You Lost? I dropped four dress sizes.
What kind of workouts do you do now?
Currently I’m doing Go Girl Transformation’s Metaburn circuits which targets my core, arms, legs glutes and my back. They are intense full body workouts that gets my heart rate up and strengthen my muscles at the same time.
How was your nutrition like before?
I love food and everything associated with food. Until now, my nutrition consisted of foods high in starch, salt and saturated fats.
I loved salted meats, pastas, bagels and fried foods.
What is your nutrition life like now?
With my newly acquired knowledge of food and nutrition and seeing the passion Go Girl members have for improving their health, l am able to make healthier choices.
I incorporate nutrient dense carbohydrates with lots vegetables to help me feel full and I enjoy lean meats, fish and poultry. I drink my coffee and tea black, and I drink lots of water to keep me hydrated.
What is your daily eating routine like now?
I eat three meals daily, four to five hours apart instead of eating whenever I’m bored and believe that I am hungry.
I chose this method specifically because I have type two diabetes and this helps to balance my blood sugar.
I have a fruit between lunch and dinner.
I wake up at 5:00am (weekdays) so I can get to GG gym 6:00am.
After what can be described as an ass kicking workout, I usually have half and hour before I meet with my first client for the day. I work in excess of ten each day and strive to get to bed at 10:00pm, in an effort to get a good night sleep.
Looking back at your journey what are you most proud of?
Looking back, I am proud of my decision to become a member of Go Girl.
I workout at Go Girl five to six days a week.
I have a membership at a local fitness center but being able to workout with a group of positive and inspiring women, has not allowed me to walk through those doors, since January of this year.
I love Go Girl and considers it home.
What do you feel were the keys to success to transforming your body?
The key to my success in transforming my body is consistency and trusting the process of change.
Despite my busy schedule, I am able to plan and prepare meals so I can be consistent in my eating along side my workouts.
What’s your advice for people currently struggling with their body?
All things considered, I would like to advise people who are struggling with transformation to choose a place where you would feel comfortable and not intimidated.
A place dedicated to group support in and outside of the gym. In other words, choose a community.
Social support can be very motivational.
Finally, trust in the process.
There is no quick fix to transforming our bodies. It takes commitment and should be considered a lifestyle change apposed to a diet.
If you’re looking to lose weight and drop those summer pounds in ONLY 6 weeks then click the link below and sign up for our next 6 week transformation program
You can request a free trial and try it out before deciding. Click the link below and get started on your transformation:
Hello my fellow Go Girl aka. GG, It’s your transformation coach Dan here and now that you’ve completed your registration and have done the orientation it’s time to see how GG Transformation Coaching works, and what you can look forward to during your GG Coaching experience.
In the SI6 we’ll teach you what to eat, when to eat, and why. But before we do that we have to be able to navigate through each week with an open mind.
See down below…
Setting the right expectations
The secret to your GG Coaching success is setting the right expectations. A lot of times we’ll get girls who lost a number on the scale that wasn’t up to their expectations and have it ruin their day/week/month/transformation.
Manage your expectations and understand that there is more the number on the scale to measure your results. Actually there are 4 factors to use when measuring results.
Watch the video for an explanation…
One Habit at a Time
And finally, The One habit method is a simple yet powerful method to ensure you’re not only achieving the goals you set but keeping your results for life.
It takes 42 days to start a habit, 6 months for the habit to be a part of your life and one year for the habit to become who you are as part of your own identity.
We’ll be taking things slow when integrating these habits to ensure the best long term success possible.
Here’s how it works…
What to do right now
At this point, you should have a good idea of our overall GG Coaching philosophy. Next up, grab your grocery list and buy the foods you need to get set for our program.
Next, throw away all of the junk that’s in your house so you can’t eat it 😛
Until then, remember:
We have 6 weeks together. And we’ll be going one step at a time. So there’s no rush. We know you’re eager to get going, and so are we!
But for now… Take a deep breath. Smile. We’ll take good care of you. We promise.
One of the things we try to do at every challenge we run is make it a little bit better in our own little way.
Questions we ask ourselves after each challenge are:
– What can we do to have our girls more accountable to the program?
– How can we get even better results (nutrition/workout)
– How can we create a better overall experience with our challengers
So before this challenge we just ran we went back into the drawing board and took all of the best parts of the past 50+ transformation challenges we’ve ran over the last 8 years and totally revamped the system.
…And the results that came back were nothing short of incredible.
After 6 weeks of amazing workouts and awesome coaching we are happy to announce that we lost a total of 1140 Pounds of fat as a team!!
This is by far the BIGGEST total of weight loss we’ve ever experienced at Go Girl and we’re so proud of every girl that was part of the challenge.
Here are some of the results in our past challenge:
Just want to give a big congrats to all of the girls involved in making this one of the BEST transformation programs.
And it was the best not because of the massive 1000+ pounds lost but because of the effort and camaraderie these girls showed through the entire 6 weeks.
Your coaches and GG team couldn’t be more proud of you. Great job ladies!
If you’re looking to get similar results and transform your body in ONLY 6 weeks then click the link below and sign up for our next 6 week transformation program starting November 7th.
You can request a free trial too and try it out before deciding. Click the link below and get started on your transformation: